Birdiesync says "Successfully completed" but Galaxy S5 events not synced

If BirdieSync 3.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's photo with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
renl60

Birdiesync says "Successfully completed" but Galaxy S5 events not synced

Post by renl60 »

I have Birdiesync 3 on my Windows 10 desktop PC, and I have the latest versions of Birdiesync on my Galaxy S5 phone and my Galaxy S8 phone.

This past week, Birdiesync stopped synchronizing events from by Galaxy S5 phone. It reports that the sync was "Successfully completed," but the events on the Galaxy S5 aren't synced to the other two devices. (However, the reverse does work; an event on the PC gets synced properly to the Galaxy S5.)

I didn't change anything anywhere. This just started happening by itself.

Any ideas?

renl60

Re: Birdiesync says "Successfully completed" but Galaxy S5 events not synced

Post by renl60 »

NEVER MIND.

Somehow the wrong calendar became the default calendar on my Galaxy S5. I don't know how THAT happened, but I switched the default calendar back to the correct one and now the events are synchronizing properly.

My bad.

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: Birdiesync says "Successfully completed" but Galaxy S5 events not synced

Post by Birdy »

Hello renl60,

Thank you for the update. Usually if events are not synchronized, it's because they are located in a calendar which is not selected to be synchronized.
So the first thing to check is in which calendar events are created and located. Looking at the details of the event on Android should give this information. Like in your case, if your default calendar changed, the event could have been created in another calendar.

If you Androird device is connected, it's possible to view the content of each calendar on Android in the Configuration view.
You may select your calendar in the list, and it should display the list of events on the right (you'd need to refresh the list after a new creation). It's a good way to check where events are located.
You'll find more information in BirdieSync Help documentation (menu "Help/Help...") in section "Configuration/Item view".
Birdy