Deleting Calendar on Android Birdiesync Account

If BirdieSync 3.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's photo with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
cescop

Deleting Calendar on Android Birdiesync Account

Post by cescop »

Dear Staff, I'm not able to find how to remove a calendar on my Android device under Birdiesync Account.
On my windows application I see the calendar on my ZenFone, I can enable or disable the sync process but I can't delete it from the phone.

What is the solution?

Thanks for your support.
Best regards.

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: Deleting Calendar on Android Birdiesync Account

Post by Birdy »

Hello cescop

If you want to remove a calendar that you no longer use or synchronize, on the Android device, in BirdieSync app:

- Ensure that BirdieSync app on the Android device is not connected to BirdieSync server (otherwise the operations in the menu will be grayed out)
- Press the physical Menu button on your Android device (note that this button may be hidden on some Android devices: for instance on the Galaxy S5 you may have to long press the Multitasking button)
- Use menu "Remove calendar"

It is only possible to remove a calendar in accounts where BirdieSync can create one.

As usual before any operation, I suggest you to backup your data as mentioned in this FAQ topic.
Birdy

cescop

Post by cescop »

Dear Staff, it work great!!

But, if I can suggest you, add a little paragraph on your manual that mention the opertive menu of the Android App and how to localize it.
On my Asus Zenfone I have to disable screenshot capture and than I'm able to activate and operate on this specific menu of the App, I haven't read nothing before about that on the manual or faq section.

Best regards and thanks for your help.
Cesco.

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

The way to remove calendar is mentioned in BirdieSync Help (BirdieSync menu "Help/Help...") in section "Configuration/Android accounts", paragraph "Remove calendars". But I admit it may be easy to miss or not easy to find, and there is not suggestion on how to activate the menu button if not present on the Android device (it may depend on the manufacturer).

Since the physical menu button is no longer present on all Android devices, it could be better to add this button directly in BirdieSync app in the future.
Birdy