Connects, but won't sync!

If BirdieSync 3.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's photo with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
Bytheseaside

Connects, but won't sync!

Post by Bytheseaside »

I have an old XP PC & a Samsung S3 Mini. I'm currently on Thunderbird 45.0 & Birdiesync 3.0.1.1.

I have 2 wifi sources in my house, one Plusnet box upstairs & one TP-Link downstairs. For some time I have only been able to sync through the downstairs link. Upstairs says the phone is connected, but no sync occurs. Today I find I can't sync downstairs either. The phone says it's connected, but Birdiesync says there's only a single source connected, so nothing to sync! The configuration window says "Source config is disabled during the connection with source GT-18190N"(the phone), which to me suggests it thinks it is connected! It worked fine a couple of days ago. I haven't changed anything.

Help please.

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: Connects, but won't sync!

Post by Birdy »

Hello Bytheseaside,

Could you please exit BirdieSync server (menu File/Exit in BirdieSync on the PC) and then relaunch it from Windows start menu (All Programs/BirdieSync/BirdieSync)

When you say "the phone say it's connected", do you mean that in BirdieSync app on the Android device, under the progress bar you have "Connected to..." displayed ?

Regarding your connection problem with Plusnet box:

Did you use the "Find BirdieSync server" option in BirdieSync app Settings on Android ? The PC hostname ? The PC IP address ? (which one)

Which firewall do you use ?
How do you connect your PC to the Plusnet box and the TP-Link ? Via Wi-Fi ? Ethernet ?
Do you have 2 different Wi-Fi networks ?

Can you ensure that you have the latest Ethernet and Wi-Fi drivers on your PC ?

After you tried to connect, could you please build a log archive with menu "Tools/Archive logs..." and send it to support(at)birdiesync.com ?

Thanks.
Birdy

enrico

Post by enrico »

Hello,

I'm having the same problem. I can connect my android phone to the server (only by giving the IP address) and the phone says "connected to host ....", but the phone doesn't appear in the list of connected sources on the server. I tried creating rules for incoming/outgoing connections in the firewall, and I also deactivated the firewall, but still the server doesn't show the phone.

I can't make the USB connection work either.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Hello enrico,

Which BirdieSync version is installed on your PC (BirdieSync menu Help/About...) ? Is it a 3.0 version ?
If yes, can you confirm that option "BirdieSync server 2.x" is unchecked in BirdieSync app Settings on your mobile device ?

Can you plug you Android device via USB, then build a log archive with BirdieSync menu "Help/Archive logs...", then send BirdieSyncLog.zip to support(at)birdiesync.com ?

Thanks.
Birdy

enrico

Post by enrico »

Hi Birdy,

Thanks for your reply.
The problem was that my mobile app was version 2.x.x.x. Thanks to your questions I discovered that I didn't have the option to disable BirdieSync ver 2, and installed the new one that works well with both WiFi and Bluetooth.

Please, tell me if you need the log file anyway.

Thank you again
Enrico

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

I'm glad you succeeded in connecting. If it works after updating BirdieSync app on your mobile device to last 3.0 version, no need to send me the logs.
Birdy