BirdieSync 3.0.1.0 is not compatible to Thunderbird 38.7.2

If BirdieSync 3.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's photo with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
hanns_albers

BirdieSync 3.0.1.0 is not compatible to Thunderbird 38.7.2

Post by hanns_albers »

Unfortunately Thunderbird 38.7.2 reports that BirdieSync 3.0.1.0 is not compatible.
The BirdieSync plugin has been automatically disabled by Thunderbird.
At the moment it is not possible to work with BirdieSync. :-(

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: BirdieSync 3.0.1.0 is not compatible to Thunderbird 38.7

Post by Birdy »

Hello hanns_albers,

BirdieSync 3.0.1.0 is only compatible with Thunderbird 45.x. So you'd need to install Thunderbird 45 which has just been released:
https://www.mozilla.org/thunderbird

You may also reinstall BirdieSync 3.0.0.9 which is compatible with Thunderbird 38:
http://birdiesync.com/download

Before any operation, I suggest you to backup your data as mentioned in this FAQ topic:
http://www.birdiesync.com/how-can-i-backup-my-data
Birdy

nicomehl

Post by nicomehl »

Sorry, but this seem to make no sence. Thunderbird 45 has NOT been released, at least not for the "common people". The link that you posted does NOT lead to Thunderbird 45, but to Thunderbird 38.5.

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Hello nicomehl,

I checked again the link I published and it leads to the official Thunderbird page where Thunderbird 45.0 is available. I downloaded Thunderbird version from this page and version 45.0 was installed.
I also checked the german page. Could it be a cache problem somewhere ?
Note that at the moment, Thunderbird may not be automatically updated to version 45.0 which should be made progressively.
Birdy

hanns_albers

Re: BirdieSync 3.0.1.0 is not compatible to Thunderbird 38.7.2

Post by hanns_albers »

Hello birdie,

Thank you for your reply.
BirdieSync 3.0.1.0 runs after update on Thunderbird 45.0 and together with an iPhone 5 (iOS 9.3.1) without any problem.
BirdieSync needs a little bit getting used to, but, after you did it, it's a good solution.
Shortly said: Good job and well done!

nicomehl

Re: BirdieSync 3.0.1.0 is not compatible to Thunderbird 38.7.2

Post by nicomehl »

Hello Birdie, hello everyone,

Birdiesync is working fine - I previously used it with Windows Mobile, then for a long time with android, and now with the IPhone 6 - and I've never had any problem, everything is great.

The only trouble I ever had was that obvisiously thunderbird 45 was rolled out in Germany more then a week later then in the U.S.... but that's definitely not birdies' fault :D

Kind regards, Nico