Thunderbird 11 contacts not synchronizing

If BirdieSync 2.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's photo with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
Art S

Thunderbird 11 contacts not synchronizing

Post by Art S »

I can not get the contacts to synchronize from Thunderbird 11 to my HTC Touch Pro 2, WM, mobile device. Operating system: PocketPC, version 5.2
Running XP Pro. Worked fine till I upgraded to Thunderbird 11 & Birdie 2.3.11.1
Unresolved problem "The object can not be found."
Tried uninstalling & reinstalling Birdie. Tried deleting User Log.
Tried deleting all contacts on phone.
Sync. works fine on all else.
Typical Error:
Local 2012-03-20 20:20:02::687 ERROR: Error returned by GetObjectResponse (GetLastError = 0)
Local 2012-03-20 20:20:02::687 ERROR: Operation failed: Reading on Desktop: name = 'M. Henry', device id = 0, device folder name = '', desktop object id = 37, desktop folder id = Distributors_2, desktop folder name = 'Distributors', reason = 'The object could not be found' (GetLastError = 0)
Typical Error:
Local 2012-03-20 16:17:16::787 WARNING: Mail message should be cleaned from Watcher, id = 0x3d000623 (GetLastError = 87)

After 2 Days & many, many hours I Went back to Thunderbird 10 & the former Birdie. Restored the Favorites erased on the Phone & I am back in business.
Also realized that Birdie was only seeing some of the contacts, tasks, events, & emails.
The software is faulty or not compilable!

Spider

Re: Thunderbird 11 contacts not synchronizing

Post by Spider »

hey,

i have TH 11 and Touch pro (T7272) ,WM 6.1 "how do you come to 5.2 http://www.gsmarena.com/htc_touch_pro2-2690.php"
i'am running XP Pro

No problem at all

look at your options at TH and be sure everything = ok

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Hello Art S,

I would have needed the full log archive to analyze your problem. Not sure if you still have this log archive since your reverted back to Thunderbird 10 (logs were erased when you restarted Thunderbird).
The problem you mentioned may have happened when trying to read specific contacts in Thunderbird. I would have needed Thunderbird log and error console log to investigate on your issue.
You can build the log archive BirdieSyncLog.zip with BirdieSync menu "Help/Archive logs..." after the end of the synchronization with Thunderbird 11 and send it to support(at)birdiesync.com.
In any case, ensure to have a recent BACKUP of your data.
Birdy

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

@ Art S: I sent you a new test version that may fix your problem.
Birdy