Clone settings for new phone?

If BirdieSync 3.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's photo with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
jpsa

Clone settings for new phone?

Post by jpsa »

Hi all,

I've just bought a new phone, and would like to get all my contact & calendar data synced onto it in exactly the way that worked with my old one (they're both Android phones). Is there an easy way to 'clone' the old phone's BirdieSync configuration into the new one?

Cheers,
John

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: Clone settings for new phone?

Post by Birdy »

Hello John,

The problem is that each Android phone may need a different configuration because of different Manufacturer accounts, or Android versions.
But since version 3.2.0.0 you may try to use BirdieSync assistant (BirdieSync menu "Assistant / Configure synchronization"). It should look at the current configuration of synchronization for Thunderbird and your old Android device and then apply these settings to your new Android device as well (you may have to choose the Contact and event accounts of your new Android device).
So it may be a quicker way to configure the synchronization of your new Android device.

As usual before any operation, I suggest you to backup your data as mentioned in this FAQ topic.
Birdy

jpsa

Re: Clone settings for new phone?

Post by jpsa »

Thanks for your help!