restoring android phone

If BirdieSync 3.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's photo with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
osh000

restoring android phone

Post by osh000 »

Hi - Love Birdiesync
HATE setting it up

Had to reset & restore my phone and want it the way it was before. The old profile is still there on my PC but BS wants to create a new one.
How can I get BS to use the old profile? Is there a file I can edit?

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: restoring android phone

Post by Birdy »

Hello osh000,

I'm sorry for the late answer. I missed this thread. Some modifications were investigated to easy the setup process, but it was necessary to focus on Thunderbird/Mozilla last evolutions which required the complete rewriting of the add-on.
Had to reset & restore my phone and want it the way it was before. The old profile is still there on my PC but BS wants to create a new one.
How can I get BS to use the old profile? Is there a file I can edit?
When you say "old profile", do you mean the old Android source declared in BirdieSync Configuration ? Usually "profile" is a notion used with Thunderbird.
Did you want that BirdieSync server identifies the restored Android phone as the old one declared in BirdieSync Configuration and not as a new Android source ? (that can happen if BirdieSync data were cleared on the Android device)
If yes, it would be better to contact support(at)birdiesync.com in order to do it since it would require modifications of BirdieSync configuration which cannot be easily done.
Birdy

osh000

Re: restoring android phone

Post by osh000 »

thanks
not worth worrying about in hindsight
android backup/restore leaves a lot to be desired generally anyway