IPhone & BSServe 3.0 - Incompatible BirdieSyncServer ?!

If BirdieSync 3.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's photo with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
JMW11

IPhone & BSServe 3.0 - Incompatible BirdieSyncServer ?!

Post by JMW11 »

Hi,
I do use (actualy) :
* Windows 7
* Thunderbird 38.4
* Birdiesync (notebook) 3.0.0.5
* Birdiesync (IPhone) 3.0.0.4
* BirdieSyncServer 3.x

Sometimes (!) synconization works fine. :-)
Mostly I do get the message on my IPHONE "Incompatible BirdieSync Server" and nothing works.
Important information: I didn't change anything in the settings!
I do have this problem since 3.0 :-((

What is wrong?
What is the solution?

Thanks
Joerg

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: IPhone & BSServe 3.0 - Incompatible BirdieSyncServer ?!

Post by Birdy »

Hello Joerg,

When you have this problem, can you confirm that you don't have another PC with BirdieSync 2.x running on the local network ?

After you get the error message, while disconnected, in BirdieSync app on your iPhone, is the big synchronization button green or greyed out ?
If the synchronization is green, in BirdieSync app Settings, is "BirdieSync server 2.x" still unticked ?
In BirdieSync app Settings on the iPhone, did you enable "Find BirdieSync server" option or did you enter BirdieSync server hostname in "Server address" field ?

Thanks.
Birdy

JMW11

Post by JMW11 »

Hi birdy,
on my old PC is still a birdiesync 2.0 runnig and this PC is member in my network.

The sync-button is greyed out after the error-message.
In the settings (iPhone) the "Find BirdieSync Server" is deactivated - I did enter a BirdieSync server host name in the "server adress" field (to avoid conflicts with my old PC).

I didn't thought, the old birdiesync version would interfere with the new one on my laptop.
But I made a quick test :
when the PC is switched on - no Sync is possible; when it is switched off: everything works fine :-)
At least I finally know, what causes the trouble ...

Is the "only" solution to deinstall/deactivate Birdiesync 2.0 on the PC?

Thanks,
Joerg

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Presently, if you want to use "Find BirdieSync server" option, yes BirdieSync 2.0 must not be running on another PC on the network.
So if you want to keep this 2.x process running, then it is necessary to use the IP address (using the hostname may lead to the same problem).
Note that you can disable the automatic aunch of BirdieSync 2.x process with menu "File/Options", "Miscellaneous" tab and untick "Automatically start BirdieSync when user logs in".
Birdy

JMW11

Post by JMW11 »

Hi birdy,
thx a lot for your help.
2.x is uninstalled - topic is solved :-)

Joerg