iPhone does not find local server

If BirdieSync 3.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's photo with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
Chell

iPhone does not find local server

Post by Chell »

Hi Birdy,

I have been trying on several ways to connect my ipHone to Birdiesync me twithout succes since recent TB update.
Maybe you might have explained this in previous posts which I did not find.

I am running TB 38.4.0 on W7 64 and BS 3.0.0.5 with valid license and try to connect my (old) iPhone 4 with BS 3.0.0.4 through USB cable. I specify the server hostname as specified under "connection/server address" with user name and password as under "Users".

Iphone starts with message to convert hostname into IP Address, but then fails to connect. Whether I change the parameters into IP address or "search for host", it still doesn't work.

Did I miss something?

Thanks for your help.

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: iPhone does not find local server

Post by Birdy »

Hello Chell,

Actually, it's not possible to connect BirdieSync app on the iPhone to BirdieSync server via an USB connection. It's only possible via Wi-Fi. So the first thing to check is if your iPhone is connected to the same local Wi-Fi network as your computer (check the Wi-Fi network name/SSID).
Then it is recommended to make attempts with an IP address in BirdieSync app settings (this way there is no need to rely on the hostname resolution). The IP address is displayed in BirdieSync server menu "Connection/Server address". You should be able to find the IP address of your PC.
If you use BirdieSync 3.0, check that "BirdieSync server 2.x" option is unticked. Otherwise, the connection could hang on "Connected to...".
Try to remporarily disable your firewall to check it doesn't prevent from accepting incoming connections.

You may find more information in this FAQ entry.
Let me know if you still have problems.
Birdy