Email links from Thunderbird to Firefox broken.

If BirdieSync 3.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's photo with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
willpom

Email links from Thunderbird to Firefox broken.

Post by willpom »

Hi Birdiesync

I posted about this regarding 2.x and it appears you have the same problem. Currently Thunderbird 38, Firefox 41 & Birdiesync 3 on Windows 7 64

Everytime when Birdiesync opens Thunderbird [for syncing] links from within emails will only work if no instance of Firefox is already running. Otherwise I get the following Windows message box:

Close Firefox
? Firefox is already running, but is not responding. The old Firefox process must be closed to open a new window. [Close Firefox][Cancel]

Within Birdiesync options by unticking the "Launch the synchronisation right after the connection of a source" and setting the sync frequency for 30mins say I can prevent this as it gives me the time to open both Thunderbird & Firefox manually whereupon the email links work fine as do the following syncs.

I also get the above error message if I manually try to open another Firefox window (instance) once Birdiesync opens Thunderbird which opens Firefox from an email link.

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: Email links from Thunderbird to Firefox broken.

Post by Birdy »

Hello willpom,

I'll need to investigate a bit to see if it's possible to solve this problem.
Birdy

ChristianRR

Re: Email links from Thunderbird to Firefox broken.

Post by ChristianRR »

Me too. Birdiesync 3. I would appreciate a fix...