Please Help, version 3 makes me crazy <solved>

If BirdieSync 3.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's photo with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
mud_diver

Please Help, version 3 makes me crazy <solved>

Post by mud_diver »

Hi,

i was running in so much troubles after installing Version 3 of Birdiesync that i am despairing !

Equipment info : Windows 7 Professional 64bit (german) running on a i7 system, 16 GB Ram, Thunderbird 38.3.0 german, Birdiesync 3.0.0.1, LG P710 with Android 4.4.2, Samsung Note 10.1 with Android 4.1.2. Computer connected to lan with gb, mobiles via Wlan

What happens : after upgrading to Thunderbird 38.3.0 and Birdiesync 3 things become strange.

- Starting Thunderbird for the first time, everything is ok, closing / restarting TB hangs with the message "Überprüfe den Funktionsumfang des Servers <mail-serverY> ". Need to restart the computer to start TB again. This only happens if Birdiesysnc is installed. After deinstalling Birdiesync TB works like a charme, no problems at all. I have triied several times and always i can reproduce this error

- Connecting from Mobile Phone sometimes work, sometimes not. A reboot of both the computer and the mobiles helps most of the time. After connecting, the sync is extremely slow and sometimes aborts with "Source disconnected.

I was using TB and Birdiesync 2.x for about 2 yrs without any problems, infrastructure (Lan / Wlan) has not changed.

Thank you in advance for any help.

Regards
Reinhard
Last edited by mud_diver on Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: Please Help, version 3 makes me crazy

Post by Birdy »

Hello Reinhard,
restarting TB hangs with the message "Überprüfe den Funktionsumfang des Servers <mail-serverY> "
I may need to send you a new test version to investigate on this.
Connecting from Mobile Phone sometimes work, sometimes not. A reboot of both the computer and the mobiles helps most of the time.
Do you connect via USB or via Wi-Fi ?
If via USB, did you try to disable or enable USB debugging ?
Do you have one or several screens on your PC ?
After connecting, the sync is extremely slow and sometimes aborts with "Source disconnected.
Which part of the synchronization is slow and on which source ? (you may check the status evolutions when "Synchronization" view is selected in BirdieSync server)
Which source disconnects ?

After such a disconnection, could you reconnect the source (this is important to get its logs) (you may stop the synchronization if it is automatically launched again), then build a log archive with menu "Tools/Archive logs..." and send BirdieSyncLog.zip to support(at)birdiesync.com ?

Thanks.
Birdy

mud_diver

Re: Please Help, version 3 makes me crazy

Post by mud_diver »

Hi Birdy,

thank you for the fast replay.
I may need to send you a new test version to investigate on this.
No Problem
Do you connect via USB or via Wi-Fi ?
Connection is done via WiFi, the BirdieSync Server has fixed IP, mobiles via DHCP.
Do you have one or several screens on your PC ?
Hmm, not sure what you mean with several screens. At the time of sync there are the usual tasks running like Kaspersky AV, Wacom Utility, ... Windows open are Thunderbird and BirdieSync.
Which part of the synchronization is slow and on which source ? (you may check the status evolutions when "Synchronization" view is selected in BirdieSync server)
Hmmm, the part of "listing events" lasts about 1-2 minutes, then after short it switches to "prepairing synchronization" for about another minute, after that the "real" sync is fast.
Which source disconnects ?
I do the sync one by one, and the disconnect occurs on the smartphone as well on the tablet. A quick view on my router does not show a disconnection of the mobiles.
After such a disconnection, could you reconnect the source
Sorry, today i was not able to reconnect. Immediate after trying to (re)connect it claims no connection to host ..... . Basically, trying to connect to my NAS or www works after the disconnection. If a reconnect will work i will send a log.

Hope,this helps.

Thank you in advance
Reinhard

mud_diver

Re: Please Help, version 3 makes me crazy <solved>

Post by mud_diver »

Hi,

after a lot of help from Birdy - thank you very much for your outstanding support - the problem was identified and solved. Removing and reinstalling the latest drivers from my WACOM Tablet did the job - everything now works like a charme.

Kind Regards
Reinhard