Starting synchronization forever

If BirdieSync 3.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's photo with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
kraus13

Starting synchronization forever

Post by kraus13 »

Hi Birdie-Team,

I'm using BirdieSync to synchronize my addresses and calendar between my Android smartphone (Galaxy S4 on Android 5.0.1) and Thunderbird on my Windows 7 64 bit PC since nearly 2 years and everything was great so far. Now I migrated BirdieSync to version 3.0.0.0 due to upgrading Thunderbird to version 38.3.0. After this I tried to just synchronize the address book to reduce complexity in the synchronization process. I looked at the examples in help, but nothing so far makes it work. I get for more than an hour the message "starting synchronization". That's all. I tried to get it work by configuring the Android Virtual address book in the „Address book configuration“ window in two different ways, either
(i) as unique address book
or
(ii) as address book, where each contact account represents an address book (as shown in the example).
As default contact account I tried „BirdieSync“ (used in BirdieSync version 2.x) and „vnd.sec.contact.phone“ (recommended).

The address books on TB and Android are both set as main address books and linked together.

Result: Synchronization starts but finally does not really enter the synchronization process.

What I'm doing wrong? I'm running out of ideas.

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: Starting synchronization forever

Post by Birdy »

Hello kraus13,

If you press "Stop" button after the synchronization starting hangs, does it stop the synchronization ?
If yes can you generate a log archive with BirdieSync menu "Help/Archive logs...", then send BirdieSyncLog.zip to support(at)birdiesync.com

If you cannot stop the synchronization, kill BirdieSync process. Then relaunch it.
Disable synchronization automatic launching when you connect your sources (menu Files/Options and uncheck "Launch synchronization right after the connection of a source").
Then reconnect your Android deivce and Thunderbird (this is important to get logs from Android and Thunderbird).
Then generate a log archive with BirdieSync menu "Help/Archive logs...", then send BirdieSyncLog.zip to support(at)birdiesync.com.

Thanks.
Birdy

kraus13

Post by kraus13 »

Hello Birdy,

a minute ago I sent you the requested information. I hope, I did it right.

Regards,

kraus13

Post by kraus13 »

By the way today I noticed that there was a new version 3.0.0.1 out. After installing it, synchronization of address book and calendar works fine.

So my problem is solved.

Regards,
Michael