cannot find local host

If BirdieSync 3.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's photo with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
prn

cannot find local host

Post by prn »

Hello all,

Just installed thew 21 day trial on a windows 7 box, and the android version on a morotola x pure.

birdie synch says it cannot find 127.0.0.1 on my host, that message showing up in birdiesynch's synch button in thunderbird (38.3.0).

I don't, then, even know if the system, once working, will find the phone, but in the meantime, I have installed motorola device manager and see that the drivers are installed.

what, please, do I need to do to get all this running such that we can purchase the paid version?

thank you.

robert

prn

Re: cannot find local host

Post by prn »

ps i disabled the pc's firewall to see if it was interfering and it was not.

birdie's error says that configuration is only set in one source, but this PC is the only source I want to use, as I don't want changes on the phone to make changes on the PC.

as far as I can tell, the program does not even seem to be recognizing the phone, which i have connected to the pc via a usb cable (I do not use wi-fi and stronmgly prefer not to connect via any wireless method)

thanks again.

prn

Post by prn »

seem to be making progress.

enabled all the developer options on the phone, not seeing that same error message on thunderbird...says, now, "single source connected"...still not hooking up with phone, which says, when I tell it to connect, that i need to use wi-fi, although it is plugged in via usb.

no matter what setting i tell the android app to use to connect, it keeps telling me to use wi-fi.

if we can get this part fixed, perhaps we have it..

thanks all

servantoftheking

Post by servantoftheking »

Have you already checked the FAQ: My Android device cannot connect over USB

prn

Post by prn »

yes.

still having problems.

one of them was a bad cable, but that has still not fixed the connection issue, although I now can be sure the device is being seen by windows.

i was hoping not to have to spend hours on this, which is why I posted......

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Hello prn,

So when you connect your Android device via USB, you never see your Android device appear in BirdieSync Synchronization view on the PC ?
If yes, it would mean that BirdieSync doesn't detect that the Android device is plugged to the PC.
If you restart BirdieSync (menu File/Exit, then relaunch it), do you still have the same problem ?

You said that you installed Android drivers on the PC and that you could see them (I guess in BirdieSync server menu "Connection/Android USB drivers")
You said that you "enabled all the developer options on the phone". Can you confirm that you enable USB debugging ?

If yes, what is displayed if, while your Android device is connected, you type the "adb.exe devices" command described at the end of the FAQ entry mentioned by servantoftheking ?
My Android device cannot connect over USB

Thanks.
Birdy