Duplicating address book.......

If BirdieSync 3.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's photo with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
dilbertus

Duplicating address book.......

Post by dilbertus »

I am using v3beta24. In order to start fresh I backed up my address book contact data, removed the data from Thunderbird (v38.2) then synced my Android phone; so now I have no contacts in either Thunderbird or my phone. I imported my contact data to Thunderbird then synced my phone, making my Thunderbird data read only and my phone write only. I now have the identical contacts in both Thunderbird and my phone.
I then made my Thunder bird and phone address books read/write. However, notwithstanding I make no changes to my contacts in either Thunderbird or my pda, every time I sync it wants to copy and create a completely new set of identical contacts in Thunderbird from my phone every time it syncs, so I get an ever increasing 'circular updating' address book.
My Thunderbird 'personal address book' is the only address book being used and is set to 'main'. Where am I going wrong?

best regards
.........peter

curehead

Re: Duplicating address book.......

Post by curehead »

Hi,

I had the same issue. I solved this by
first: explicitly map them together in the configuration tab of birdiesync 3.0b24.
Select the contacts button under the Content column.
then click on the maplooking icon to rhe right of "Adress books" in the header.
and add the link/mapping between the two adress books You want.
check permissions.
if you still have problems You should select "combine sources" and then afterwards activate "look for and remove dyplicates during sync" (next to the synchronisation bar)
Remark: check out how contacts are displayed ("display name ..."). I remember from 2.x that doing this wrong resulted in all contacts being doubled with two different ways of displaying them, but unable to remove those duplicates. Dunno if this is still so in 3.0 but just wanted to give you a heads up.

Grtz
Kjoere

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Hello Peter,

Could you please build a log archive with menu "Tools/Archive logs..." and send BirdieSyncLog.zip file to support(at)birdiesync.com ?
That may help to analyze the problem.
Thanks.
Birdy

dilbertus

Post by dilbertus »

Thank you for the replies, I'll do as Birdie recommends.
I must admit I thought the process I followed was fairly foolproof....!
..........peter