Crashes syncing with iPhone

If BirdieSync 3.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's photo with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
arwvet

Crashes syncing with iPhone

Post by arwvet »

I'm running T'bird 38.1 with BirdieSync 3 beta 16, Win 8.1 and iOs 8.4 on my iPhone and two iPads. When trying to sync my iPhone today, I've had several crashes of BS. On one occasion, BS appeared to hang, while trying to do something with the events on my phone. Other times, it has just crashed. I can only restart it by restarting my PC. On another occasion, I got and 'Unexpected Error', of which I have a screen shot, if you want it. Should I delete the events on my phone, or overwrite the calendars while you try to find the problem? For me, this beta is less stable than the previous ones.

Andrew

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: Crashes syncing with iPhone

Post by Birdy »

Hello Andrew,

When you say you had crashes, is it on the iPhone or in BirdieSync server ?
When you get the unexpected error, could you please generate a log archive with BirdieSync menu "Help/Archive logs..." and send it to support(at)birdiesync.com ? (ensure that your iPhone is connected at the moment you generate the log archive)
Thanks.
Birdy

arwvet

Re: Crashes syncing with iPhone

Post by arwvet »

Thanks for your response.

Crashes have been on iPhone, iPad and PC, but I think the crash on the PC (which the original post was about) was my fault - I didn't wait long enough for the server to finish, and I just pulled the plug which I think would have messed up an index, or something. Anyway, I fixed it by resetting the sync. So forget that one, please.

The crashes on the iPhone and iPads have been on first connection. I will send a log if it happens again.