Android app not seeing all calendar accounts?

If BirdieSync 2.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's photo with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
Max Mouse

Android app not seeing all calendar accounts?

Post by Max Mouse »

I have two accounts on my phone with calendars that I want to sync. Note that my version of Cyanogenmod does not allow you to create a calendar without linking it to a "cloud" account, so I downloaded an app called "Local Calendar" which created an account named "Local Calendar" and a calendar with my name. I also have an app installed called "Birthday Adapter" that pulls the birthdays from my contact list and displays them on my calendar. This app also created an account named "Birthday Adapter" and a calendar named "Birthdays".

I created two calendars in Lightning with the same names. The one with my name syncs, but "Birthdays" does not. I have both calendars checked in Thunderbird's BirdieSync options. When I open up the events settings of the BirdieSync app, I see three accounts: Phone, BirdieSync, and Local Calendar. All three are checked. Shouldn't I also be seeing an account named "Birthday Adapter" in this menu? I know the "Phone" account is not where my "Birthday" calendar lives, because it displays 0 events, and I have at least 5-10 birthdays stored in my calendar as of now.

Other than that, this is a great app. If you guys can fix this minor issue, I will definitely purchase! :wink:

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: Android app not seeing all calendar accounts?

Post by Birdy »

Hello Max Mouse,

I made some tests with the Birthday app and could identify the reason why the account is not displayed. Presently BirdieSync only displays accounts where the user should be able to manually create events in this account. In other words, events in this account are not a simple not editable copy of the events in the cloud. The Birthdays account is supposed to be not editable: only the Birdays app should be able to create events in this account.
At the moment, BirdieSync needs a read/write access to accounts it synchronizes with. This may change in a next version of BirdieSync...

As a workaround, it may not be necessary to synchronize the Birthday account in Thunderbird. You may use an add-on like ThunderBirdthday which do the same as on your Android device (creates events based on contact birthdays).
Note that you can access to contact birthday dates with another add-on like MoreFunctionsForAddressBook.
Birdy

Max Mouse

Re: Android app not seeing all calendar accounts?

Post by Max Mouse »

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately, Thunderbirthday is not compatible with the latest version of Thunderbird. It has not been updated since 2011, and appears to have been abandoned...