All my emails deleted

If BirdieSync 2.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's photo with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
Chrisgads-PC

All my emails deleted

Post by Chrisgads-PC »

Just started using an Android tablet and tried birdie sync to sync contacts from Thunderbird and lightning. Now all my emails are deleted before I can even read them. Help please! Not familiar with android - I use win 7 on laptop.

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: All my emails deleted

Post by Birdy »

Hello Chrisgads-PC,

Actually BirdieSync doesn't synchronize mails on Android and so doesn't access to them (Android doesn't provide any technology (API) to third-party developers to manage mails). So maybe another operation leaded to the removing of your emails.

How do you subscribe to your emails on your Android device ? With POP or IMAP protocol ?
If for instance you use POP protocol, the next time you read your emails in another software like Thunderbird, the mails may be removed from mail server and then disappear from your Android device at next synchronization with the mail server.
Note that there is and option in account settings in Thunderbird to leave the messages on the mail server even if they are downloaded in Thunderbird.
Another option is to choose IMAP protocol so that mails remain on the mail server.

Also check that mail subscription/synchronisation is still enabled on your Android device.
Birdy

Chrisgads-PC

Re: All my emails deleted

Post by Chrisgads-PC »

Thanks for reply. It is useful to know that the Birdie software doesn't do anything with emails. I was using POP successfully till I started trying to get to grips with Birdie so maybe I have changed something without realising . I have always set Thunderbird to leave emails on the server. I am really hoping I can sort this out as I have looked for ages for a way to sync the Lightning calendar and this looks just what I need. My problem may be my lack of familiarity with the Android OS.

Will check my settings again.
Birdy wrote:Hello Chrisgads-PC,

Actually BirdieSync doesn't synchronize mails on Android and so doesn't access to them (Android doesn't provide any technology (API) to third-party developers to manage mails). So maybe another operation leaded to the removing of your emails.

How do you subscribe to your emails on your Android device ? With POP or IMAP protocol ?
If for instance you use POP protocol, the next time you read your emails in another software like Thunderbird, the mails may be removed from mail server and then disappear from your Android device at next synchronization with the mail server.
Note that there is and option in account settings in Thunderbird to leave the messages on the mail server even if they are downloaded in Thunderbird.
Another option is to choose IMAP protocol so that mails remain on the mail server.

Also check that mail subscription/synchronisation is still enabled on your Android device.