Trouble with new phone

If BirdieSync 2.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's photo with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
AlexP

Trouble with new phone

Post by AlexP »

Hi.
Been happily using birdiesync for many years with android. Received new phone Samsung Galaxy 4s. Have gotten it into developer mode and turned on USB. I can now see the files on the phone in WIndows Explorer. But the birdiesyncs cannot see each other. I tried the trick about deselecting and reselecting the USB debugging checkbox. No Joy. The suggestion about making sure USB drivers are install on desktop. I see the files in Explorer. Is that enough? Grateful for any direction.
Alex

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: Trouble with new phone

Post by Birdy »

Hello Alex,

It's not enough to see files in Windows file explorer (your Android device is only recognized as a storage device). You need another Android driver which allows to establish connections with your Samsung Galaxy.
Go to Samsung web site and install USB Android driver:
Click on the Samsung link mentioned on this page which give some links where to download Android USB drivers:

If you still have problems connecting via USB, you may refer to this other FAQ page which help troubleshoot USB connection problems.
Birdy

AlexP

Re: Trouble with new phone

Post by AlexP »

Birdie,

Thanks for the pointer. It seems that Samsung has redone their website and I was not able to find USB Drivers. What I did find is they have a thing called KIES 3. This is supposed to help with file transfers etc. What I found was that it had a function to reinstall USB drivers. This did the magic for me. It took a long time and was playing with Windows Update, but at the finish everything started to work. I got the prompt on the Samsung about allowing this computer to USB communicate.

All is well on this end. Just thought I would post for the next customer.

Thanks
Alex