Sync between Pocket PC and 2 desktop machines

If you dream about having BirdieSync casting your horoscope, this is the place to ask for it...
Pandamonium

Sync between Pocket PC and 2 desktop machines

Post by Pandamonium »

Havent tried this, but is it possible to have your ppc sync Thunderbird on 2 desktop pcs via birdiesync?

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Yes. It is possible. But no more than 2 PCs...
Birdy

Pandamonium

Post by Pandamonium »

What is the procedure to install it twice, doesnt it try to install itself a second time on the PPC? This will be great for keeping my desktop, ppc and laptop all in sync!

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Yes you can install it a second time on the other desktop. And you can skip the last installation part on the device. If you answer "no" when you are asked if you want to reinstall the application on the mobile, it doesn't affect the remaining process of installation. Anyway, if you reinstall the application on the device, it shouldn't have any bad consequences, even it is preferrable not to do it because it resets some data.

Synchronizing with 2 different desktops had been tested. But don't hesitate to raise problems if you detect strange behaviors...

Last note: be carefull if you choose "associate" during first partnership: it will transfer all destop items on mobile and all mobile items on desktop. But nothing is made to recognize same items on desktop and mobile. So if a same item is present on both mobile and desktop, it will be duplicated.
Birdy

fireball

Post by fireball »

I'm syncing with 2 machines here (Birdiesync 1.5.1.1, 1 Machine XP, the other Vista) and unfortunately get more and more duplicates. Any Idea how I can fix this? Deleting the Items on the Desktop doesn't help, shall I try to delete the dupes on my PDA, clean up all calendars and adressbooks and sync back? Or is there an easier way?

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Do you have duplicates in address books ? In calendars ?
I know there is a problem with events related to time zone but address books should work OK.
Birdy

fireball

Post by fireball »

Unfortunately both.

I'll cleaned up my calendars and addressbooks from my PCs and synced them from the PDA to both machines - problem seems to be gone.

Maybe it would be possible to have the duplicate check not only on first device connection but also at every sync? (optional for the moment ;) )

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

If you ever meet duplicates again, especially with contacts, could you tell me if you see little differences in these duplicates ? Or contact me to know how to backup these items so I can check them out ?
Birdy

fireball

Post by fireball »

Of course - I'll be pleased to help birdiesync getting better :)