Calendar name on mobile

If you dream about having BirdieSync casting your horoscope, this is the place to ask for it...
tobiasly

Calendar name on mobile

Post by tobiasly »

I have a Smartphone (Audiovox SMT5600) which I unlocked and BirdieSync is working great! I'm sure I'll be registering soon, after I test for a couple weeks to work out the glitches.

One question... would it be possible to allow an option for adding the Thunderbird Calendar name to the end of each Event? For example, if I have an event "Board Meeting" on Calendar "Work" it would show up on my mobile as "Board Meeting (Work)" or "Board Meeting - Work".

As far as I can tell, my Smartphone doesn't show Categories anywhere on the mobile calendar, so using that as an option doesn't seem to do any good for me.

I realize this would cause issues, such as what to do if the Subject were edited on the mobile device and the Calendar name portion were changed. But it would make distinguishing among events much easier.

At any rate, thanks for a great tool!

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

If you selected the option "link address book to contact category" option for instance, the address book name will be stored in the contact category on the mobile.
On a pocket PC, it's possible to see the category when you individually browse your contact or appointment (is it not the case on a Smartphone ?).

This category is not displayed when listing the contacts for instance. But I don't think it should be BirdieSync job to handle that. Such an option should be added to the PIM software itself (as maybe some other PIM do).
Birdy

tobiasly

Post by tobiasly »

No, unfortunately Categories don't seem to be available on the Smartphone for some reason. Thanks for the info.

Scorpillon

Name of Calendar in WIN Mobile 5

Post by Scorpillon »

So I bought days ago birdiesync. Great SW.
But as a teamleader I use several Remote Calendar from aour Intranet, so these items are transmitted to the Smartphone (T-Mobile MDA Pro), and I can mark items on the SmartPhone to transport it to the lightning.

What I would really want to have, is to mark alle Items on the phon with a prefix or suffixs with the name of the calendar, or a color, or sthg. else, to see which person is behind for the task.

Martin