Windows Installation

If you dream about having BirdieSync casting your horoscope, this is the place to ask for it...
tobomda

Windows Installation

Post by tobomda »

It would be good to have a selection in the windows installer, where the autostart entry should be placed.
On my computer more than person are working (familiy). I only use Birdiesync, so have moved the autostart entry to HKCU profile.
On every update the installer produces a new autostart entry in HKLM profile and at next computer start I get an error message that only one instance can run...
Then I must go to the registry and delete the entry in HKLM.

ajramsayjaneway

Re: Windows Installation

Post by ajramsayjaneway »

That sounds like what I need to do, but I'm not familiar with where the autostart entry would be for Birdiesync. Can you be more specific about where in the registry to put the new entry (HKCU) and where the old one is (HKLM)? Thanks.
Alice in Illinois

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Here is the path:
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
Key name: BirdieSync

It you have a 64 bits version of Windows:
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
Birdy

ajramsayjaneway

Post by ajramsayjaneway »

Okay, I found the existing one. I have Windows 7 64-bit. Now I assume I delete it from there. Where exactly do I put it in HKCU? I want to make it so that only my user account will be using it. I don't see any existing Run keys, so I'm confused. Thanks so much for your help.
Alice in Illinois

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

You may try to put it in HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
Other 32 bits programs did as well. There doesn't seem to be a Wow6432Node equivalent in Windows 7 64 bits.
Birdy