Executable size

If you dream about having BirdieSync casting your horoscope, this is the place to ask for it...
dandv

Executable size

Post by dandv »

Just discovered BirdieSync today and I'm downloading it as we speak, over a slow connection. Couldn't help noticing it's 18.1Mb in size!

By comparison, MyPhoneExplorer is only 4.3Mb, and it includes the Android client and adb. It also has its own calendar and messaging UI, and other Android tools.

Could BirdieSync be slimmed down, or is the extra bulk required for synching with WinMo and iPhone?

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: Executable size

Post by Birdy »

The executable size is not related to ActiveSync. BirdieSync relies on external libraries which make most of the size of the installer file. I'm afraid it would be difficult to reduce the overall size.
Birdy

hellion

Re: Executable size

Post by hellion »

I am trying to download it from the morning, but not happened this time. I don’t think the connection is slow, I didn’t checked it. I tried to look in that way also but one of my collegue said it is not possible to reduce the size of it as you thinks because it totally relies on external libraries which make most of the size of the installer file. We cannot think on that way also. Can you guide me to a sms marketing app. I'm in search for one.