Windows Mobil 5

If you dream about having BirdieSync casting your horoscope, this is the place to ask for it...
rfn

Windows Mobil 5

Post by rfn »

Est-il prévu une version pour les PDA sous WM5 ? Si oui, une estimation de la date de parution ?

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

J'y travaille activement !
J'espère pouvoir la sortir d'ici quelques jours...
Birdy

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

La nouvelle version de BirdieSync (1.0.3) vient de sortir et fonctionne également sous Windows Mobile 5.0. :D N'hésitez pas à me faire des retours sur la version 5.0 car mine de rien, j'ai dû faire pas mal de modifications...
Birdy

rfn

Post by rfn »

La nouvelle version de BirdieSync (1.0.3) ne s'installe pas correctement: tout commence bien, y compris l'installation sur le pda, puis juste apprès j'obtiens le message d'erreur Erreur lors de l'installation "ActiveSync Device Provider".
Après, plus rien: arrêt de l'install, et évidemment pas de synchronisation !

Une chti correction ?

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

J'ouvre un nouveau topic dans problem report...
Birdy

Bedrock Merchants

Post by Bedrock Merchants »

I appologize - for those of us who do not speak French, any timeline on a version that will work with WIndows Mobile 5 (on a Treo 700w)?

Here's hoping to VERY SOON!

Bryan

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

No need to apologize. This forum is opened to all nationalities ! :)
Actually, the only problem with Smartphones is that they have a security policy which is different from Pocket PC: they will need BirdieSync application to be signed in order to properly work.
At present, it could be possible to propose BirdieSync for Smartphones which are unlocked (no particular security policy as for Pocket PC).
Do you know if your smartphone (Treo 700w) is signed or has a particular security policy ? I mean. Do you have messages on your smartphone signaling when you install or execute unsigned applications ?
If it is the case, do you know if there is a way to unlock your smartphone and would you be ready to do it ?
If others people are in the same need, they can post comments to give their opinion too...
Birdy

Bedrock Merchants

To be honest, I don't know if the 700w has a particular security policy. I just got it recently, and am still trying to figure out how to do what I want with email/contacts/etc.

In answer to another question, if I could use Birdiesync with my Treo, I'd buy two copies right now (one for myself, the other for my business partner - we both use the same hardware/software configuration).

Thanks again, and let me know ASAP - either by forum or by email.

Bryan

Bedrock Merchants

After some testing and some wrangling - I have good news for those who want to use this software on Treos. It works beautifully on the Treo 700w (at least the Veriszon Wireless US version).

Have fun!

Bryan

JDFire

Post by JDFire »

I have a 700wx and am having problems with it. Is there any way you can point my in the right direction? I am not getting any errors but just getting where it hangs at the cards

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Hello,

Sorry, is it possible to post in the "Problem Report" section ? I will be happy to answer to your question.
Birdy