imap sync

If BirdieSync 1.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's phone number with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
sonney

imap sync

Post by sonney »

hi everyone,
Is birdiesync able to synchronize imap folders ?
My emails are not stored in the local folder. Synching local folders works just fine, but I'd like to have my multiple imap accounts separately synchronized.

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Hello,

It is not yet provided. Presently, it is only possible to synchronize mails located in local folders.
Birdy

klapanciusz

it can be done

Post by klapanciusz »

i have found a way around the problem of having all emails synced: simply define another account on your ppc that syncs separately from birdiesync, define it as imap, and allow your ppc to have data access via your pc when it is online.

now there is only one additional issue: i have several calendars in my sunbird and birdiesync does a good job on the local and ical calendars - but it cannot handle the google calendars. this is unfortunate, as i planned to have all my classes (i am a lecturer) put into separate google calendars and give a link to my students to subscribe.

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Regarding the Google calendar, there are several ways to synchronize it. The first one is to access to your Google calendar in read only mode through the ICS access in which case you declare you calendar as an iCal calendar. The second one is to use the Google calendar provider (extension) but presently you have to patch it as described in this thread.
The third possibility would be to synchronize your Google calendar between Lightning/Sunbird and Google with a tool like gcalDemon.

If you still have a problem, send me the logs as described in this thread.
Birdy

klapanciusz

Google calendar

Post by klapanciusz »

thanks Birdie, you just got a new customer. i use the google provider extension and the patch works fine. thanks, great job!

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

BirdieSync 1.6.0.0 is released. :D
It offers synchronization of IMAP mail accounts.
Birdy