Question about the Registration of Birdiesync

If BirdieSync 1.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's phone number with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
Max

Question about the Registration of Birdiesync

Post by Max »

Hello everyone,

I got a little question about the registration of Birdiesync, the first question is, how do I know when the trial period is over, I didn't found any hint about the remaining time, but I'm afraid I already passed the end of the period but birdiesync didn't do anything. I was also looking for a panel to insert the registration code, but i didn't find such a text field. Within the "licence" menu all fields are just grey. Do I just use the wrong version?

Currently I've installed Birdiesync 1.7.2.0
Thungerbird: 2.0.0.23
Windows XP

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: Question about the Registration of Birdiesync

Post by Birdy »

Hello Max,

You have the correct version. If you reached the end of trial period, after you have connected and synchronized your mobile device, you should see an alert raising from the task bar mentioning the end of the trial period and you would get an "attention required" error (you could also check the license window). If not, there could be a different problem. In which case, after having closed Thunderbird/Sunbird, disconnected, reconnected your mobile device and waited for the end of the synchronization, you could send your logs with the Thunderbird/Sunbird menu "Tools/BirdieSync/Archive logs..." to support(at)birdiesync.com.
Thanks.
Birdy

Max

Post by Max »

Okay, reinstalling Birdiesync on my mobile activated the timer (now it's on 21 days), but I still don't find a box to insert the key in.

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

You will receive all the instructions on how to enter the key when you register. :wink:
Birdy

Max

Post by Max »

okay, thanks for the information, so I'll try to get an paypall account within the next days.

Colin

Post by Colin »

Hi,
I have BirdieSync running on Sunbird (Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.18pre) Gecko/20080917 Sunbird/0.9) on XP (Home Edition, Version 2002, Service Pack ).
I've just purchased a licence. The instructions in the email with the licence tells me to Open BirdieSync license window (menu "Tools/BirdieSync/License..." in Thunderbird or Sunbird) and Click on "Enter license..." button.
When I open Tools/BirdieSync/Licence I get a small screen that has says Registration information of BirdieSync is not available and has fields for Name; Email; Number of users; and Organisation - all these fields are 'greyed-out' but there is no button titled Enter Licence.
I'm a little confused and would be very grateful for some help to register this licence please.
Thanks in advance.

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Hello Colin,

The registration mail you received is for BirdieSync 2.0. Are you still using BirdieSync 1.7.2.0 ? If yes, a new license will be sent to you for this version of BirdieSync. The registration process is different.
Thanks.
Birdy

Colin

Post by Colin »

Thanks, in fact I have BirdieSync 1.7.1.3.
How can i get the correct licence for this version please.
Thanks in advance.