birdiesync and windows 7/thunderbird 3.01/lightning 1.01b

If BirdieSync 1.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's phone number with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
marcocroese

birdiesync and windows 7/thunderbird 3.01/lightning 1.01b

Post by marcocroese »

Hello there,

A while ago I bought BirdieSync 1.7.0.1 to syncing my HTC touch cruise (with Mobile 6 Professional) agenda and contacts with Thunderbird and Lightning; it was working great. Now I have a new laptop with Windows 7 and installed the latest versions of Thunderbird and Lightning (see the subject title), but BirdieSync isn't working; bought the upgrade to BirdieSync 2 (9.95 euro's), can't upgrade it through Thunderbird because under tools there is no BirdieSync button and it is still not working. Is there any solution or did I bought the upgrade to BirdieSync 2 for nothing?

Thanks already in forward,
Marco

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: birdiesync and windows 7/thunderbird 3.01/lightning 1.01b

Post by Birdy »

Hello Marco,

Is it a classical version of Thunderbird or a portable one ?
Which version of BirdieSync is displayed in the add-on list of Thunderbird ?
Did you try what was mentioned in this FAQ topic ?

Could you send your logs to support(at)birdiesync.com with the the Windows start menu "All Programs/BirdieSync/Archive logs..." ?
Thanks.

Note: this topic will be moved to BirdieSync 2.0 sub-forum.
Birdy

marcocroese

Post by marcocroese »

Hi Birdy,

I suppose that you mean with Thunderbird "classical" the version on my laptop? If so, than it is a yes; version 3.01. In the add-ons it shows BirdieSync version 1.7.0.1 with the message "not compatible with Thunderbird 3.01". I've just send you the BirdieSyncLog.zip by email.

Where can I find the bellow list (it's coming from FAQ Topic)?
After having backuped the following files, delete them:
- extensions.cache
- extensions.ini
- extensions.rdf
- compreg.dat
- xpti.dat

marcocroese

Post by marcocroese »

After some email traffic with Birdie I've discovered that version 1.7.0.1 doesn't work with Thunderbird 3.01 and that the upgrade means that I must first uninstall first version 1.7.0.1 and then install version 2. After done this it works all great, except the anoiing popup from Windows Mobile Devicecentre that there is no email program selected. Birdie is busy to fix this and let us know when it is fixed. He has given a great support!