event calendar not properly loaded

If BirdieSync 1.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's phone number with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
hokies85

event calendar not properly loaded

Post by hokies85 »

I am using the new beta version 2.o and am getting an error on my first sync that states I have an event calendar not properly loaded. This is my first time using Birdiesync and do not know what I am doing wrong. Can anyone help

billywill

Re: event calendar not properly loaded

Post by billywill »

More information please about your installation of Thunderbird and Lightning. What calenders do you have set up in Lightning, are they "local" calenders or are they synchronised with something else (Google Calender for instance)

Did you previously have an installation of ActiveSync (if on Windows XP) or on Windows 7? Has this Activesync profile been altered?

ciao
BillyWill

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: event calendar not properly loaded

Post by Birdy »

Hello hokies85,

This kind of error happens if a calendar you tried to synchronize could not be loaded (read and accessed by Ligthning). It can happen for instance if it is a remote calendar (so not a locale one) and that the calendar URL is incorrect or the remote site not accessible. So the first thing to check is if this calendar is loaded and if you access to its events in Lightning. The error window should display the calendar name.
Birdy