Solved. W7x64 Install. aborted by imposs. restart wmdm

If BirdieSync 1.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's phone number with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
Rob

Solved. W7x64 Install. aborted by imposs. restart wmdm

Post by Rob »

Installing birdiesync 1.7.2.0 on a Windows 7 64bit aborted every time With the message: "impossible to restart windows mobile device manager/center".
As advised in other topic I killed wmdm.exe and wmdmhost, and started wmdm from control panel, but without a result.
(wmdm version 6.1.6965.0 with full admin-control).
Syncing without Birdiesync gives the useual "no email application installed", and an "attention needed" in my phone (Omnia I900) screen. (and points to the connection settings, which I have no idea what to adjust.. I don't understand exchange server stuff, and "my work network"
I can access my phone's storage, and active sync lets through application installs (normally).
Is this problem wmdm- orientated, or phone settings-orientated?
Would be a bummer if it wouldn't work, It seemed a perfect sync solution for Mozilla-stuff..

Any ideas anyone? Thx already.
Last edited by Rob on Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: W7x64 Install. aborted by imposs. restart wmdm

Post by Birdy »

Hello Rob,

Did you try to delete your WMDC parnetship ?
("Windows Mobile Device Center/End a partnership" when the mobile device is not connected)
Do you still have this error when you then install BirdieSync ?
Birdy

Rob

Re: W7x64 Install. aborted by imposs. restart wmdm

Post by Rob »

SOLVED !!

Yes, I did (thx for reaction); no result, I even reïnstalled WMDC, but with no succes..

But what did the trick: run the birdiesync.exe as administrator (right click on exe in menu)

The first installation try after that ran already somewhat further, but just a little.. and aborted again. And persistant as I am, tried it again and it proceeded!!

But just to find out that the "normal" release isn't compatible with Thunderbird 3...

Luckily I found a message on "pocketPC.ch" in German that informed me about the Thunderbird 3 compatibility of Birdiesync 2.0!

So after uninstalling 1.7 the magic repeated itself and I've got a working W7 x64, with Tunderbird 3 and Lightning, synchronizing my pochet pc (I900 Omnia) with WM6.1.

Thanx guys, you've got a good thing going on, I hope my adventure helps a bit too!
SSSPRRRRREAD THE WORD!!