Thunderbird 3

If BirdieSync 1.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's phone number with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
TimTDP

Thunderbird 3

Post by TimTDP »

I have just installed Thunderbird 3 and first impression is that it looks good. However this did not last long!
Lightning is not not compatible and, probably as a result therof, neither is BirdieSync.

I can't find a definite date for the next release of Lightning.

Does BirdieSync know more about this issue? :?:

Otherwise its back to Thunderbird 2 for me.

By the way, I can't understand how Thunderbird 3 could be released without a calandar. Is Mozilla becoming another Microsoft rushing to get incomplete software to market? :twisted:

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: Thunderbird 3

Post by Birdy »

Hello TimTDP,

There is no release date for Lightning. I suppose it will be "when it's ready". :) The beta 1 of Lightning/Sunbird should be released shortly but they presently have problems with the build process after some changes.

The integration of Lightning in Thunderbird was planned but it was postponed to avoid delaying the release of Thunderbird 3. So maybe in the future...
Birdy

TimTDP

Post by TimTDP »

When will BirdieSync be compatible with Lightning 1.0?

Clontarf[X]

Post by Clontarf[X] »

Hi Birdy,

First of, thanks for this awesome bit of software. It works brilliantly with Thunderbird 2.x and the Lightning extension.

However, slight issue. BirdieSync no longer plays nice with Thunderbird 3.0 (released today I believe). The nightly of Lightning is working well with Thunderbird 3.x

I realise this is a bit soon, but is there plans to upgrade the BirdieSync software to be working with Thunderbird 3.x/Lightning 1.x. If you say yes, I'll be purchasing a liscence ;)

*edit* ignore all the above, just checked the News forum. How come BirdieSync didn't notify me of a new version?