Recent "No category of items selected..."

If BirdieSync 1.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's phone number with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
BradWaite

Recent "No category of items selected..."

Post by BradWaite »

Sometime in the last few weeks, I've been getting the "No category of items selected for synchronization" alert upon sync. Now, I can't select the items from ActiveSync's options menu. They're not greyed out - there's just no checkboxes to check.

Prior to this, sync worked just great. I don't know that anything happened, other than possibly the recent DST change. I've double-checked the timezone and it's set properly on both the PC and the mobile.

I have no problems installing unsigned apps, so I don't think it's locked - it's an HTC TouchPro 2. I just installed the latest version of BirdieSync and I'm running ActiveSync 4.5.0.

Help!

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: Recent "No category of items selected..."

Post by Birdy »

Hello BradWaite,

When all the categories to select for synchronization are grayed out, it generally means that there is a problem on the mobile device.
If the problem is related to ActiveSync, you may try to soft reset your mobile device (reboot it).

If you still have the problem, after having closed Thunderbird/Sunbird, disconnected, reconnected your mobile device and waited for the end of the synchronization, could you send your logs with the Thunderbird/Sunbird menu "Tools/BirdieSync/Archive logs..." to support(at)birdiesync.com ?
Thanks.
Birdy

BradWaite

Post by BradWaite »

By uninstalling/reinstalling BirdieSync on both the mobile and the PC I was able to get the selection boxes for the items to sync. Now, however, all items says attention required.

Also, I seem to recall that if TBird wasn't open, BirdieSync would force it to open upon sync. That's not happening now, either.

Logs sent.

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Thank you for the logs. It seems that the toolbar is not displayed in the ActiveSync window. That can stop the synchronization. Could you please enable it again ? (In ActiveSync window, menu "Display", check "Tool bar"). Then reconnect your mobile device.
Thanks.
Birdy

BradWaite

Post by BradWaite »

Sure enough, that did it. Thanks!

I'm surprised, though. Why should BirdieSync (or ActiveSync) need the toolbar on to sync?

Incidentally, since I've had the toolbar off for quite some time, after enabling it and successfully syncing, I turned it off again. I'm still able to sync.