Windows 7 and blank dialog box

If BirdieSync 1.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's phone number with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
manek

Windows 7 and blank dialog box

Post by manek »

I'm running Windows 7 64-bit and the latest Thunderbird and Birdiesync. The sync works but with just a couple of glitches:
1. At the start of each connected session, a blank dialog box pops up with the word error in the title field. That's it - no other message. Click it, it goes away, the sync proceeds.
2. The Birdiesync error message pops up from the system tray complaining that 42 items couldn't be synced. Click it, it goes away and the next 42 items get synced, and so on.

I'm not sure if glitch 1 is a Birdiesync problem but I suspect glitch 2 is. Any help/thoughts?

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: Windows 7 and blank dialog box

Post by Birdy »

Hello Manek,

Regarding the blank window, if Outlook is not installed on your machine, I suspect it to be a popup mentioning that no default email program is chosen (although Thunderbird already is). I think a workaround will be provided in the next release of BirdieSync.

Regarding your problem of unresolved items, after getting the unresolved items for the second time, could you send your logs to support(at)birdiesync.com with the Thunderbird/Sunbird menu "Tools/BirdieSync/Archive logs..." ? (without restarting Thunderbird and without reconnecting your mobile device to avoid overwriting the logs).
Thanks.

Kind regards,
Birdy

manek

Re: Windows 7 and blank dialog box

Post by manek »

The new 1.7.2 version seems to have resolved this issue, thank you.